Friday, July 21, 2006

Fini!

drumroll please.................


Ta Da! My Tour de Fleece spinning is done, and just in time! My total yardage came in at 1732 yds. Whew! I'm so glad to have this finished in time. Now, if I could only pin Lead Dog down to a color, I'd get this pile dyed so that I could start knitting his sweater. I could conceivably get the sweater knitted in time for him to wear is this fall. (or maybe before winter ends- don't want to set up any expectations now, do I?
as if that was not impressive enough (ha! how is that for ringing my own bells!) I also have pictures of Mom's finished socks




The pattern used is Fancy Silk Socks from the book Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. Although the name of the pattern is Fancy Silk Socks, the pattern didn't call for silk, and I didn't use silk. I haven't even spun silk yet, waiting for my wormies to spin. I've spun soy silk on a drop spindle- didn't like it-and I digress. Mom's socks were knitted from hand dyed BFL, my favorite fiber. Knitting Vintage Socks is a lovely book, Fancy Silk Socks is a lovely pattern, and Mom's socks are lovely, but they did seem to take longer to knit than the other lace patterns I've tried, so I'm not in a hurry to do this pattern again. And anyway, I want to get Grandma's socks done- designing the pattern myself as I go along. Maybe I shouldn't say that I'm designing the pattern, what I'm really doing is borrowing parts of other patterns to make the exact socks that I want for dear Gram. What I will NOT be doing anytime soon is spinning WHITE or any other solid colored yarn!

1 comment:

thalassophile said...

What an awesome mound of skeins there, job well done!
I love the socks too, the colors are great, I do like blues and greens.
~Rhonda