Saturday, July 01, 2006

And they're off!

Woo Hoo! Tour de France day! Now, anyone who knows me, knows that I have very little interest in sports, but find a way to tie said sport into spinning or knitting, and I'm all over it! I've actually been watching the Tour pre show this morning! Holding off on spinning for the last day has almost killed me, and I'm on pins and needles to get started. A quick trip to the dog park this morning, then I'll be spinning happy all afternoon!

In other news, we had an exciting arrival this week:

What is it, you ask? Weeeell, they are silkworm eggs! Now, settle down, you know this is not the craziest thing I've ever done. When Lead Dog and I realized that we have a Mulberry bush/tree growing in the back yard, I started doing a little light research to see if I could find info about Mulberries, maybe find a recipe or two for the yummy berries, one thing lead to another, and poof, we are silkworm parents. silkworm farmers? crazy silkworm caretakers? whatever you want to call us, we are going to try our hand at it! For more silkwormy info, please visit: www.aurorasilk.com and www.wormspit.com and for the some of the funniest stuff I've ever read you have to check out: www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000398.php

1 comment:

thalassophile said...

Will silkworms make it through Ohio winters? I guess I thought they were warm weather creatures. Keep up with pictures along the process.