Thursday, July 13, 2006

Man down! Man down!

Well, drat. I ran out of wool. I've spun 860 yards, 740 to go. And I did place an order for more last Saturday, but dang it all to heck, they only have 14 oz of that particular batch of roving left. Weeeeell, I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope that 1- the roving arrives in time for me to spin it before the end of the Tour (7/22, I think) and 2- that 14 oz is enough for me to spin 740 yards out of. I'm trying to spin a double ply 'light' worsted weight yarn. We'll see! If nothing else, this little break in the action sure does add to the excitement factor for me. I was getting a little over confident, thinking "oh, this is cake- I'll finish early!" Ha! and the spinning Goddess looked down from on high and said "uh huh, sweetie, we'll just see about that!".
so, during my patient wait for the Fed-Ex man, I'm spinning this:




I need to knit up a pair of socks for Grandma. And finish Mom's second sock. And get a couple of CIC socks done before the end of the month. Life is good when there are so many projects queued up that I don't have time to think about how much I miss the boys and get all mopey. I started to backslide early in the month, but extra love and attention for the pups and LD have helped enormously. Here is a pic of three of them, and while they are giving me neither love or attention at the moment this pic was taken, it soothes my heart just to look at them





The silkies are growing and keeping me busy too. Here's the updated photo: *hmmmm- blogger is NOT letting me add the pic of the silkworms. I'll try again tomorrow. *

They have not made their first molt/instar change (hmmmm, I really should look up the proper terms before I start typing!) but that should be happening in the next few days. I did count them tonight as I was cleaning out the old chewed up leaves. I have approximately 120 hatchlings from a batch of 200 eggs. I can live with that.

No comments: